The Engineering Services Department consists of engineers, inspectors and administrative staff. They oversee new development, utility and street reconstruction projects and help implement new regulations. The department also provides assistance to residents with storm water drainage problems and concerns about local traffic signage.
Services offered include:
- Review of all subdivision plats, easements and final engineering plans.
- Site plan review and inspection for residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Planning and budgeting future road paving, water main and sanitary sewer replacement projects and storm water facilities.
- Accessory permit site review and inspection including sheds, decks, pools and driveways.
- Floodplain and floodway map determinations based on the latest regulatory maps and administer storm water ordinance.
- Issuance of overweight and oversize vehicle permits for village streets.
- Conducting traffic control analysis including regulatory and parking restrictions signage.
- Reviews and issues utility permits.
- Processes all subdivision code and storm water ordinance variance requests.
- Performs inspection services on all public improvements and Village construction projects.
- Permit review and issuance of all land management operation and storm water management permits.
- Design and construction administration of capital improvement projects for road, bridges, parking lots, flood control facilities, environmental protection, storm sewers, water mains, sanitary sewers, sidewalks, landscaping streetlights, traffic control devices and other amenities.
- Oversee maintenance programs for streets and storm water management facilities.
- Administer the storm water management program including education, public involvement, construction site runoff control, pollution prevention, good house keeping, post construction runoff control and illicit discharge detection and elimination.
- Reviews plans and annexation agreements for new proposed developments.
- Administers recapture agreements for streets and utilities.
- Assists residents with addressing customer service complaints.
- Maintains computerized maps, atlases, and related documents of the Village's infrastructure.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Click here for Engineering's Frequently Asked Questions