The Carol Stream local government was incorporated on January 5, 1959. In the local governement section, listed are some things you will find.Use the menu to the left to navigate to the desired topic or use the search feature at the top of the page to find the information you are looking for.
- 1958: On November 1, 1958, the Blum family becomes the first residents of the village, moving into a home at 141 Mohawk.
- 1959: The village of Carol Stream is founded by Jay Stream, who envisions strong corporate growth in the area. First village board meeting is held on February 12. James Balog is the first Village President.
- 1962: The Carol Stream Public Library opens at 397 Blackhawk Drive.
- 1963: Volunteer fireman Ed Mangels dies while fighting a barn fire.
- 1964: The Carol Stream Park District is formed.
- 1965: The first Citizen of the Year Awards were presented to Carl Bornholt and Elsie Johnson.
- 1966: Nina Jo Schmale of Carol Stream is one of the 8 student nurses killed by Richard Speck.
- 1967: Hires Rudy Mikulich to be the first Village Manager.
- 1968: Glenbard North High School opens in Carol Stream.
- 1972: The Carol Stream Fire Protection District is formed
- 1976: As part of the United States Bicentennial celebrations, Carol Stream opens Gretna Station Museum with a July 4 dedication.
- 1979: Janice Gerzevske is first woman elected Village President.
- 1984: The Carol Stream Association of Business and Industry is formed.
- 1984: The first post office opens in Carol Stream.
- 1992: The Carol Stream Post Office opens a regional processing center at Schmale and Fullerton. Most of the unincorporated areas around Carol Stream assume the ZIP code of the new post office.
- 1992: The Carol Stream Chamber of Commerce is incorporated.
- 1998: The Town Center is dedicated, later to be known as the Ross Ferraro Town Center.
- 2002: The College of DuPage opens a regional branch on Kuhn Road.
- 2006: Founder of Carol Stream, Jay Stream, dies January 22
- 2009: Carol Stream celebrates its 50th anniversary.