Commingled Recyclables, consisting of recyclable glass, aluminum, cans, plastics and papers, generally collected from residential recycling, as follows:
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Glass food and beverage containers – brown, clear, or green
- Ferrous (Iron) cans
- PET plastic containers with the symbol #1 – with screw tops only, without caps
- HDPE natural plastic containers with the symbol #2 – narrow neck containers only (milk and water bottles)
- HDPE pigmented plastic containers with the symbol #2 – narrow neck containers only, without caps (detergent, shampoo bottles, etc.)
- Plastics with symbols #3, #4, #5, #6, #7-narrow and screw top containers
- Old corrugated cardboard
- Cereal boxes
- Telephone books
- Printer paper
- Copier paper
- All other office paper without wax liners
Materials Not Accepted, include but are not limited to (“Unacceptable Materials”):
- Microwave trays
- Window or auto glass
- Light Bulbs
- Plastics unnumbered
- Plastic bags
- Coat hangers
- Glass cookware/bakeware
- Household items such as cooking pots, toasters, etc.
All glass containers must by empty and free of metal caps and rings and contain less than 5% food debris.
All tin cans, bi-metal cans, and aluminum cans must be empty and contain less than 5% food debris.
All aerosol cans must be empty with less than 5% content
All plastic containers must be empty, caps removed; less than 5% food debris.
All Fiber must be dry and free of food debris and other contaminating material.
Tissues, paper towels or other paper that has been in contact with food is not acceptable.
Recyclables may contain up to 5% Unacceptable Materials, provided however, Recyclables may not:
- Materially impair the strength or the durability of the COMPANY’s structures or equipment; or
- Create flammable or explosive conditions in COMPANY’s facilities;
- Contain dry cell batteries of lead acid batteries;
- Contain chemical or other properties which are deleterious or capable of causing material damage to any part of COMPANY’s property, its personnel or the public; or
- Contain Excluded Materials defined as any waste tires, radioactive, volatile, corrosive, flammable, explosive, biomedical, infectious, biohazardous, regulated medical or hazardous waste, toxic substance or material, as defined by, characterized or listed under applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations, or other waste not approved in writing by COMPANY.
- Loads not meeting the specifications may be rejected in whole or in part by COMPANY.